Friday, November 17, 2023

LABEL ON BLOG | PILLARS OF FAITH | MY BIBLE STUDY OF WORDS GIVEN

 

PSALM 119 THE KEY TO HAPPINESS

 Doing the Will of God Revealed in His Word

Pray For Others To See God Also

God chose to warn unbelievers with visions (Genesis 20:3) But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Sunday morning I was reading PS 119, while reading it, the Holy Spirit pointed out that this chapter would be a beautiful prayer, using it as a prayer for your family, church, or universal. I read through the chapter again inserting the plural form as I read. The words hit straight to the heart-felt-tug of the situations dealt with on a daily basis. The Word is one way to strengthen your prayer life. The more we read, the Holy Spirit gives us understanding on a personal perspective. We receive supernatural encouragement through the struggles we are facing now. Prayer: Holy Spirit lead me to all discernment and understanding of the Word that I would bring only Glory to the Father.

Psalm 119:41-50 (MSG)

41-50 Let your love, God, shape my life with salvation, exactly as you promised; Then I'll be able to stand up to mockery because I trusted your Word. Don't ever deprive me of truth, not ever—your commandments are what I depend on. Oh, I'll guard with my life what you've revealed to me, guard it now, guard it ever; And I'll stride freely through wide open spaces as I look for your truth and your wisdom; Then I'll tell the world what I find, speak out boldly in public, unembarrassed. I cherish your commandments—oh, how I love them!—relishing every fragment of your counsel. Remember what you said to me, your servant—I hang on to these words for dear life! These words hold me up in bad times; yes, your promises rejuvenate me.

Verses 41-50 point out, to put your hope in God's Word, the Bible. It will comfort you in times of suffering and affliction. His Word will give you life. God's law is not restrictive; it only restricts from things that harm, and it liberates man to live in the fullness of God's perfect plan. (NSFLB)

Reading verses 41-50 you will see that there is a letter in Hebrew, the Zayin. In my study of the Hebrew alphabet, it was interesting to see that each letter in the alphabet tells of the story of Jesus. The letter Zayin is considered a "crowned" vav. Just as vav represents "Yasher", straight light from God to man, so zayin represents returning light. Zayin is a crowned man (Jesus) equipped with the sword of the Holy Spirit.

The sword mentioned in Hebrews 4:12 is (machairia), a "short sword" that was sharpened on both edges of the blade. The two edges represent the two main parts of the scriptures, (the Old and the New Testaments). Since the Zayin represents a weapon of the Spirit, remembering the Torah of Moses is here depicted as a great weapon to be used in spiritual warfare in our lives. -Hebrew4Christians-

Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)  12  For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The conviction of the Holy Spirit through God's Word. Understand that conviction of sin is an expression of God's mercy. It leads to forgiveness, which leads to freedom. (NSFLB)

About Psalm 119

1) It is the longest Psalm in the book of Psalms.

2) It is also the longest chapter in the Bible.

3) The Psalm is divided into 22 parts.

4) Each part begins with a different letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

5) In Hebrew, each line of these parts begin with that letter.

6) Is this significant? There's not a letter that doesn't honor God's word.

7) The content of this chapter is respect, praise, and honor for God's word.

8) God's word is described with several different words in this Psalm.

a. Laws

b. Testimonies

c. Ways

d. Precepts

e. Statutes

f. Commandments

g. Judgments

h. Word

i. Truth

9) All of these words are used to refer to God's word.

10) There is great respect for God's word in this Psalm.

11) We ought to have this same respect also.

12) Without God's word we would not have the information we need for our salvation.

13) We ought to join the Psalmist in praising God for His wonderful word!

~Debi Webster~


No comments:

Post a Comment