Sunday, November 12, 2023

LABEL ON BLOG | PILLARS OF FAITH | MY BIBLE STUDY OF WORDS GIVEN

Dancing Before the Throne of God


The Holy Spirit will take us up to other places in visions (Ezekiel 11:24) Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me. 

While praying with a prayer partner, the Lord gave her a vision of me dancing before the throne of GOD.  She asked me my favorite color, I answered blue, then she said is there another favorite color? I answered, rainbow colors. As she continued describing what she was seeing in the Spirit, she said that I was about the age of 12 and had long white hair. She told me that I was wearing a blue and yellow dress, with black patent shoes, dancing before the throne of GOD. When she had finished, I told her I do like yellow roses. After I said this, she gave a word of encouragement, The LORD wants me to tell you that He loves you very much. Hearing those words brought tears to my eyes and a tug in my heart, that had needed these words said.

As we were talking, I rubbed above my eyebrow. She asked if I was OK.  I told her, I had been having a pain there all day. She prayed for healing and as she spoke, I saw flames in both her eyes. I was actually seeing the Holy Spirit working, giving her discernment. It was an awesome experience.

When God reveals to us visions of  Heaven and ways of praise, I would say that is the way He desires us to praise Him.  He does not give His children a snake or a rock for a spiritual gift, He goes a step further and invites you to the throne of God.

The nation of Israel has used dance as a form of worship throughout their history. Several  places within the Bible make reference to the use of dance as a form of worship.

Prophetic Dance is a distinct form of Sacred Dance in which revelation is received by the dancer from God and manifested into movement to bring forth a message to people. It is important to understand that revelation is revealing or communicating divine truth that is revealed by God to people. God gives revelation through people in a number of creative ways, such as singing, writing, drama, instrumental music, and dance. 

The earliest mention of dance as a form of worship in scripture is in the book of Exodus, when the nation of Israel had just crossed the Red Sea. It says:
“And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.”      (Exodus 15:20)
It is interesting that Miriam (the sister of Moses and Aaron) was called a prophetess, yet nowhere in scripture does it record a single prophecy that she brought fourth. However, praise dancing was taught in the school of the prophets. Apparently, the nation of Israel viewed dance as a prophetic gifting, and treated it as such.

One of the things that King David is known for in the Bible is his praise and worship. Much of the book of Psalms (songs of praises) was written by him, and the Davidic style of worship has been practiced in Israel for many years, even unto today. Today, the resurgence of dance, and other forms of the arts being used in worship in Christian churches is referred to as the reinstatement of Davidic worship. King David himself danced before the Lord, when he brought the Ark of the Covenant into Jerusalem.
“And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.”
(2 Samuel 6:14)
David also refers to dance as a form of worship in some of the Psalms he wrote. For example:
“Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.”
(Psalm 149:3)
“Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.”
(Psalm 150:4)
-Debi Webster Perry-

No comments:

Post a Comment