Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Into The Arms of Jesus

Sometimes when you least expect it, something in a families life happens taking them in a full 100 degree turn in another direction. That direction was created by a mother and father who had humbled themselves and prayed a prayer out of desperation. An earnest prayer that touched the heart of GOD and became a miracle.

Just imagine being a parent with a sick child who is on the third day of running a high temperature and is now unresponsive. You don't have the money to go to the doctor and feel so helpless. There is nothing you can do, but watch that child lay motionless. Oh, you try all the remedies you know to try to keep the fever down, but they just are not helping. You go to bed late again, but this night in desperation you say a prayer the best you know how, hoping GOD will hear. After saying the prayer, you are so exhausted you shut your eyes and then drift off to sleep.

The alarm on the clock is faithful to wake you up early and you lay in bed a few minutes thinking about the day ahead. Then your mind quickly shifts to the night before and the child on the couch in the living room. You jump up, run to the living room and the child is gone. You frantically, start combing the house and then find her in her bedroom, rocking back and forth, telling her dolly that she will make her feel better.

With a smile you go to her, engulf her in your arms and say, "I'm so, so glad your feeling better." She looks up at you and says, "Mommy, I saw Jesus. I ran to Him and gave Him a hug." You pause, and instantly remember the prayer that you struggled through and just look at her in amazement. She says, "I really did", and takes you by the hand and shows you just where He was standing. "There, mommy, I saw Jesus there." You pick her up in your arms and say, "That's wonderful honey, Jesus must love you lots." She replies, "He does mommy, He told me he does and He loves you and daddy, too."

Quickly changing the subject, you say, "Why don't you go wake daddy, and tell him that you love him." Still in amazement, you walk slowly behind her. As you enter the bedroom you see her telling her daddy the story, saying, "Daddy, daddy, I love you, and so does Jesus!" Your husband glances at you with a question look on his face and you smile and point at your daughter. With excitement she then says, "Daddy, Jesus, gave me a hug and told me he loves me and you", while pointing to him and giggles. You silently say, "Thank You Lord, for answering my prayer."

This is a true story and I was that little girl. I'm not sure what prayer my mother prayed but I remember hearing her telling my dad that she had been so worried over me, that she didn't know where to turn and then turned to the Lord in prayer.

This event changed not only my life, but my parents lives. I love to recall that moment in my life and know with out a doubt that GOD cares for us and wants to have a personal relationship with each of us.

My mother, Nora Webster, was taken to her new home in Heaven, May 13, 2002. She loved the Lord with all her heart and now is spending Eternity with our Savior. The compassion the Lord gave her while here on earth for her family was proof of that love. I know she is now with her twin sister, Dora, walking on those streets paved with gold.

The Lord gave my mother a beautiful singing voice. I remember singing a lot of "Good Ole' Gospel Songs" with her in my teen years. We would always, sing songs while cleaning the kitchen after a meal or doing the many other chores, it made the time seem to just fly by. I learned a lot of songs by heart, singing as we did dishes. Some songs Mom would sing would bring tears to my eyes. One of her favorite songs was, "I'll Fly Away".

I will never forget that final moment, as we all viewed the last shovel of dirt being put on her grave site. I looked away, and saw to the north, a mural in the distance, it had Jesus carrying someone in His hands, it looked like a figure of a woman. I remember saying to someone close to me, isn't that a beautiful mural and then it was time to leave.

The first time I went to put flowers on her grave, I looked towards the mural again, it wasn't the same one. In disbelief, I walked up to it. There was chipped paint areas where you could see it had been weathered by the storms through the years. The yard keeper came over and asked if he could help me. I said yes, and asked him how long the mural had been there. He replied, "As far as he knew it had always been there."

The picture I was looking at that moment was not the same picture I had viewed when we had buried Mom. The picture I saw was Jesus carrying a woman. I found the photo below which is similar to what I saw.  Not only was He taking my mother home with Him, but He was also carrying me through my storm.
~Debi Webster

Footprints In The Sand

God will interact with us about healing and prophetic words through use of visions (Acts 9:10) And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.



"Footprints in the Sand" 

You walked with me, footprints in the sand, and helped me understand where I'm going. You walked with me, when I was all alone with so much unknown along the way.  Then I heard you say, I promise you I'm always there. When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair. I'll carry you when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand.

I see my life flash across the sky, so many times when I have been so afraid. And just when I, I thought I'd lost my way, You gave me strength to carry on.  That's when I heard you say, I promise you I'm always there, when your heart is filled with sorrow and despair.  And I'll carry you when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand.

When I'm weary, when I know you'll be there and I can feel you when you say, I promise you I'm always there when your heart is filled with sadness and despair. I'll carry you when you need a friend. You'll find my Footprints in the Sand.

When your heart is full of sadness and despair, now I'll carry you, when you need a friend, I promise you I'm always there. You'll find my footprints in the sand.

-Lyrics to "Footprints in the Sand" by Leona Lewis-


No comments:

Post a Comment