Tuesday, October 18, 2011

GOD's Desire

God's desire is to abundantly pour out His Spirit with dreams, visions and prophesy on all flesh (Joel 2:28) And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

As long as I can remember I have had very vivid dreams. I would always think to myself, man I can have some strange dreams and leave it at that. I was very ignorant in the real-life experiences with the LORD and did not know that GOD will speak to us in dreams.

One particular dream that has stuck in my mind, was when I was about 11 or 12. I remember running away from a huge bull with long horns chasing after me. This dream was a repetitive dream that would change a little each time. I was always afraid of that bull and ran from it.

One night I woke in a sweat, because I had to climb a tree quickly to get away from it. Another night I woke up in fear because I had been running away from it and I had to jump up on top of our garage/barn, to get away from it. It just stood there waiting on me and when I tried to get down it would run over to me.

The last night I had the dream, I was helping our neighbors put up a fence. They had left and I looked up and running towards me was that same bull with those big horns. I hurdled one fence and then another. When I looked back the bull was just tearing down those fences and still running at me, I wasn't sure where to go and just stood there. I then woke up and never had the dream again.

While studying the Hebrew language, my attention went to the pictograph signs when I saw a sign of a bull. The sign for Aleph is the "Bull" and the sign for Chet is a "Fence" which means separation. So, just looking at the alphabet and interpreting that dream I would say, in my life GOD had to tear down some of the fences in my life that separated me from Him. That dream doesn't seem as scary now.

From Genesis to Revelation, God has spoken to people through dreams and visions! But from the very beginning Satan has tried to make us afraid of using our spiritual eyes, hoping to make us too paranoid to want them opened. He has counterfeited God's visions with demonic visions, in hopes that we will fear seeing into the spiritual realm and will quench the Holy Spirit when He speaks to us through dreams and visions.

In the beginning, Satan had a great fear that Adam and Eve would have spiritual eyes to see the truth, so he perverted the truth, in hopes of making them afraid to see with open spiritual eyes. (Gen 3:5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

In dreams GOD is sharing a part of Himself with us on a more personal level. Our creator wants to share with us, protect us, guide us, just as we as parents want to be there for our children. I now keep a pad and pen by my bed and write down the things the LORD gives me in my dreams. -Debi Webster-

No comments:

Post a Comment