Saturday, January 19, 2019

Jesus Came Into the Room


Let Your Glory Cover Me and Protect my back.
Hold me up and I will be safe (Ps.119:117)

While in Prayer Jesus Came Into the Room and I became silent when Jesus spoke these words, "Your prayers have been heard, give it to me, I have your back".

When we find ourselves in hurtful situations, it isn’t our instinct to just stand there.  If we’re honest, we often really do want to fight back.  Sometimes we just don’t have any other choice except to just stand there and wait.  Let’s lay down our weapons and battle plans and be still.  That is our best choice because it really isn’t our fight anyway.  

You are God’s child and the battles you face are His battles. What I do know is that every battle I face is not mine. My battles are the Lord’s, and He fights for me in the way and timing He chooses.  He uses only weapons of love and mercy and justice as He fights.

So, if you’ve  got a battle, then you’ve got a choice. You can either stand still and trust that God will fight for you, or you can freak out and possibly make it worse.  When we choose to be still, we do begin to know, I mean really know, that He is God. And, the best part of really knowing that He is God is knowing that we are not.  Sometimes we just need to get out of the way and under God’s will and watch Him bring victory.

Father, I am carrying the burdens of my relationships and circumstances.  I choose to lay all my cares, all my worries, all my fears, all things I cannot change on Your altar.  Father, I lay my spouse on Your altar.   Father, I lay my children on your altar.  Father, I lay my job, my finances on Your altar.  Father, I lay (name the circumstances that you cannot change) on Your altar.  You are my supply and You alone can move in my circumstances.   I give these to You and trust You with them, in Jesus' name.

The Lord saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the Lord’s. (1 Sam. 17:47) This is what the Lord says to you: “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” (2 Chron. 20:15)


No comments:

Post a Comment